Clarence has a fresh approach to how it protects its clients’ interest. It bridges the gap between external and in-house counsels. For our clients that means better understanding of their business and lawyers that are part of its management team. We help our clients make informed decisions and allow them to focus on revenue and growth.
We strive to reverse the bad reputation that some law firms in Africa have built and make clients feel comfortable and confident about the decisions they make. Our fees are competitive and our lawyers professional, honest and responsive.
Incentives: Competitive salary and reasonable expenses associated with the internship may be reimbursed and compensation is negotiable based on the candidates’ profile and the location of the internship.
The Right Intern
Integrity, teamwork and excellence are our core values and we expect every member of the team to show these values. The candidate is expected to be pragmatic and commercially astute and have excellent communication skills. Please read the requirements below and if you meet them, we would love to hear from you. We also ask you to read the Clarence Code of Conduct.
The interns will report directly to the Managing Partner and his/her role will be working with the team to contribute towards the provision of excellent and bespoke legal advice and guidance to Clarence’s clients.
Some of our Areas of Practice
Energy & Natural Resources
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Real Estate & Construction
Risk Management & Compliance
Corporate & Commercial
Aviation & Telecommunications
Customs & Taxation
Employment & Immigration
◦ A degree in Law from a reputable university
◦ Fluent in Spanish, French and/or English; bilingual a plus
◦ Good knowledge of contract law and drafting
◦ Good knowledge of general commercial law
◦ Commercially astute
◦ Excellent drafting skills
◦ Proficiency in the use of MS Word
Essential Personality Attributes
◦ Logical and principled thinking
◦ Accurate and methodical
◦ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
◦ Customer oriented and a can-do attitude
◦ Able to build trust, act with integrity and be relied upon
◦ A considered individual with a mature attitude
◦ Collaborative approach; team player
◦ Being assertive and tenacious when needed
◦ Able to challenge the status quo
◦ Focussed on continuous improvement
◦ Superior analytical and problem solving skills